The BEST of 2012
On every major entertainment news source or pop culture blog you will notice lists of the best or worst songs, movies, events or mishap of 2012. In the spirit of this tradition, I have decided to create my own list of the BEST of 2012.
Kendrick Lamar made it that way. Instead of filling your iPod with ratchet music, play some of this and thank me later.
2. I maybe a bit biased because I attended this event, but the Budweiser Made in America event was epic! One weekend. 29 Performances. 3 Stages and some of the BEST performers of today's music. Oh, and then the impromptu performance by Kanye West, 2 Chainz, Pusha T and Big Sean? Perfection. Outdoor events may not be everyone's cup of tea, but the Woodstock feel of this concert just added to the allure.
Jay-Z also announced that this event will be annual!
3. Barack Obama was re-elected, and that's really all that has to be said. Good going America!
4. Wedge Sneakers were introduced to American fashion this year, as the Europeans had already had the jump on us. I adore the idea of this style of sneaker because it can be worn to work or to the club without it appearing as a look that's too casual. I'm all about going from a daytime look to nighttime with ease, and the wedge sneaker is a must-have piece of fashion for me.
5. The Summer Olympics of 2012 in London!
The Olympics are a time to watch athletic excellence as the creme of the crop traveled to the United Kingdom to compete.
Plus, we got to see the Fab Five soar!
6. I worried about the state of male R&B for awhile. Chris Brown has slowly moved from R&B to pop, and Trey Songz wasn't cutting it.
Then Miguel dropped Kaleidoscope Dream and I breathed a sigh of relief. Thanks Miguel!
7. There will be a struggle to achieve equality no matter what, but if you're gay and wanted to get married this year has been pretty good. All-in-all, marriage is simply a contract that grants people certain amount of socio-economic privilege. Luckily, we are slowly learning to be more tolerant of the differences we share.
8. No, Instagram was not created in 2012, but I'd say this has been the biggest year for the photo sharing company. In April of 2012, Facebook acquired Instagram for $300 million in cash and 23 shares of stock. Shit, I'll take it!
9. Rihanna posed for GQ and well I think we all deserves more chances to see her half-naked. Oh, and she also grabbed her first number one song for "Diamonds".
10. Catfish the TV Show
On my blog I go into detail about the seedy world of online dating, well the MTV show Catfish puts it all out there in a whole 'nother way. Catfish is about people that have held online relationships with people they have never met. Of course, all of them hope that their online lover is exactly who they say they are, unfortunately, that is not always true.